Monday 2 May 2011

The MOTAT Invention trail by James

Yes !The school holidays were off to a good start with a Sunday visit to MOTAT with the Engineering group .We all met up at Kaurilands School keen to investigate the Inventions Trail wating for us at MOTAT. I knew I was going to learn lots that day and I was up for it.

      I have always been fascinated by Trams and the exhibit 'I am the last Tram' was awesome . It made me think about the way people replace inventions with other inventions all the time. Electric Trams started in New Zealand in 1902 and last tram ran in 1956. Trams solved the problem of getting people from place to place quickly and in a sociable way. 100 people could fit on one tram! But cars trucks and new roads have replaced them. Today cars cause huge traffic jams, pollution, road deaths, and petrol is expensive.
    

Should we bring an old invention back?

I think it's cool the way they are fixing up and using old trams. An old invention is now being used to solve the problem of having family FUN and helping us to remember cool things about our past.

     At MOTAT there are lots of transport vehicles that solved problems to do with fire safty, emergencies, and delivering goods. I saw a replica model A ford  invented by Cecil Wood in 1845. Police chased him for driving at 13 kph -but today on a motor way the legal limit is 100 kph. I think today  that cars are re invented quickly in a way that makes them faster and more powerful .This means the law has to keep up to keep us safe .

6 comments:

  1. James I really liked how you explained why trams were invented. It was a way to get people from place to place quickly.

    You could improve your review by adding some information about what began happening when people began building more roads and trams? (Clue: What did people start doing?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I liked how you had lots of information about when things were invented. You could comment more on the positive and negative things on bringing old inventions back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous piece of feedback Yvette. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James I really like how you said about inventions being replaced with new ones in your review. I think you could have given us more examples of the old and new inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James, I like how you were talking about trams, like should we bring them back? I think it was a great thing to talk about. You could improve your review by talking about negative things about using trams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you said sould we bring old inventions back.you sould add in more facts.

    ReplyDelete