Tuesday 3 May 2011

MOTAT review by Thomas

A couple of weeks ago our group got to go to MOTAT for free.  We met at the
school and went in 2 cars.  We went and had a look at The Invention trail,
there was a lot of interesting things.  The engineering group from our
school went in 2 groups, the group I was in focused on the Tram and train
invention.

I learnt a lot about the trams, it was first installed into Auckland in 1902
and finished in 1956. It went to lots of places in Auckland.  The prototype
of the electric tram was designed by a Russian engineer.  His name was
Fyodor Pirotsky.  A prototype is a smaller thing of something you are
wanting to build. The tram was useful because it could take the weight of
100 people in just one tram car.  Trams helped us by getting people to other
places faster and was also used to the carry the mail and the Police.

Another fact I learnt about the trams was that over 4 million people have
ridden on the MOTAT tramway since 1967. The tram way at MOTAT is 1.72
kilometres each way.

 

5 comments:

  1. Thomas, I really liked how you remembered that a prototype of the electric tram was made before they built the tram for real. I also liked how you explain what the word prototype means. Ka pai!
    You could improve your review by adding some information on why a prototype would have been built first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas,I liked how you put lots of information in like how you remembered when the first tram was built(1902).You can inproove on not making the start of the review like a recount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas I found your report very interesting with lots of facts about trams. I hope you are enjoying your engineering group. I look fofrward to reading more about your surveys.
    Mrs O :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you told us what is a protype.You sould put more facts in like something about the police cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you gave lots of facts about trams. I think you should put in what your favourite bit was about MOTAT.

    ReplyDelete